1 medium Carrots, raw, peeled and grated
1 medium Apple(s), peeled and grated
2 tablespoons Curry Powder
1 clove(s) Garlic
300g chicken breast
1 teaspoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 tablespoons Artificial sweetener (optional)
1 large Onion(s)
2 teaspoons Kerry LowLow Original Spread
½ teaspoons (level) Cornflour
1 ½ tablespoons Reduced Fat Crème Fraîche
½ teaspoons (level) Ground Ginger
½ teaspoons (level) Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoons Salt
1 cube(s) Oxo Chicken Stock Cubes
3 individual green finger Chillis sliced
Recipe by Zoe Sterling
1. Grate the apple and carrot.
2. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
3. Slice the chillis in to rings.
4. Melt 2 tsp of Low Low spread in a non stick wok.
5. Add the onion, garlic, apple, carrot and chilli to the melted butter over a medium heat until they start to becine really soft.
6. Add all the powderes spices and stir for a few minutes.
7. Boil 250ml of hot water and dissolve tge oxo cube in it.
8. Remove half of the mixture from the frying pan and add to the stock.
9. Using a stick blender, puree the half mixture and stock into a sauce. And add the lemon juice to the sauce.
10. Meanwhile leave the sauce to stand for a few minutes whilst you add the chicken to the frying pan (where the other half of the unblended sauteed mixture is) and brown it off.
11. Pour the pureed mixture over the chicken mixture and turn heat to low and sinmer for 30 mins.
12. Taste the curry before adding the sweetener as you may find it is already sweet enough.
13. If sauce needs thickening mix 1/2 tsp of cornflour with a few drops of water and pour in to the curry and stir to thicken.
14. Stir in the Creme Fraiche.